Super Foods that Boost your Immunity.
Who does not want to improve their immunity?
The thought of enhancing your immunity is alluring to everyone but, it has proven tricky for various reasons. For the immune system to function well, one has to be consistent and include a balanced diet in their food routine.
There are numerous products in the market to boost your immune system. Here are the top superfoods that help enhance your immune system.
Vitamin Rich Foods :
Vitamin C prevents infections. Citrus fruits, Spinach, Kale, Bell peppers, Strawberries, and Papaya form a good source of Vitamin C. Vitamin E helps fight infections and is a powerful anti-oxidant and is vital for the functioning of the immune system. Plant foods like almonds, peanuts, sunflower oil and seeds, and hazzle nuts are rich sources of vitamin E.
Vitamin A can be obtained from few plants and also is found in animal foods such as fish, meat, and dairy. pumpkins, sweet potatoes, dark green leafy vegetables are great sources of Vitamin-A. we all know Sunshine provides us Vitamin-D and it’s important to support the immune system. You can obtain Vitamin D from Fortified milk, orange juice, cereals along with fish like Salmon, Mackerel, Tuna, and Sardines.
Iron is most essential for your immune system as it helps carry oxygen to every cell present in your body. Iron found in Red Meat, chicken, oysters, clams, and light Tuna are easy to absorb. Vegetables like Broccoli, Kale, Beans contain Iron.
Selenium is very effective to boost immunity as they prevent infections. Brazil Nut tops the list. One nut alone provides the essential selenium to an individual. You can find Selenium in meat, poultry, mushroom, cottage cheese, and fishes like Tuna, Halibut, and Sardines.
Here are some more Superfoods that play an important role in boosting an individual’s immune system.
- Dark Chocolate: They are a rich source of theobromine, an antioxidant that protects the body’s cells from getting damaged.
- Turmeric: You find this in every other meal that your Mom cooks. It has curcumin which acts as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
- Garlic: It has allicin that reduces the risk of catching a cold and prevents other illnesses.
- Green Tea: It contains caffeine and flavonoids which help fight cold and boosts the immune system.
- Wheat Germ: It’s a rich source of zinc, antioxidants, and Vitamin-B. The fiber, protein, and healthy fat present in wheat germ helps in better digestion and enhances the immune system.
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains probiotics that help fight infections causing cold and flu.
Fitness Fuel Factory is one of the best gyms in HSR Layout. Our trainers lead, educate, and encourages people or groups in exercises, including cardiovascular exercise (exercises for the heart and blood framework), quality training, and extending. They work with individuals, all ages, and different ability levels.